Once submitted, Bob’s Mechanics Grant Application will be evaluated in the Kildare Local Enterprise Office.
An external evaluation committee will be commissioned to assess each individual application and make recommendations for approval.
As is the case when a large number of companies compete for limited funding, the process is highly competitive and successful applicants in each territory are chosen based on how well they satisfy the following criteria:
- Eligibility for the scheme: Do the applicants fulfil the eligibility criteria outlined in (Section 2)?
- Value-added potential: How much of a difference will the upgrade in online trading capacity affect the applicant’s offering to their customers?
- Export potential: Will the increase in their online trading capacity increase the applicant’s export potential?
- Job creation potential: Will the improvement in the applicant’s online trading create new employment opportunities in their business?
- Financial Sustainability: Will the improvement in online trading improve the chances of the applicants business becoming or remaining financially sustainable?
Bob’s Mechanics satisfies all of the eligibility criteria outlined in (Section 2). Robert has stated in his application that by introducing a booking system for customers via their new site, Bob’s Mechanics will be able to streamline their business across both locations and assist twice as many customers in the same period of time.
Even though Robert doesn’t plan to visibly export products through their new website, the streamlined process available from Bob’s Mechanics provides a valuable towing service to commuters on one of Ireland’s busiest roads. Therefore it could be argued that the development of Bob’s Mechanics website could provide an invisible export opportunity to Ireland by reducing traffic congestion into Dublin
Bit of a stretch but you get the idea 🙂
Regarding job opportunities, Robert plans to hire a full-time Digital Marketing Manager to drive traffic to his new website once it has been developed. Also, due to the expected increase in staff efficiency as a result of the booking system, Robert has plans to open a third shop in Coolock by the end of 2018.
Following the review of all applications, the external evaluation committee will record decisions and report them through to the Local Enterprise Office approvals committee.
NB: Applicants may be required to attend a training session on how to optimise the value of their voucher as part of the application process.